After bottle carbing- how to store.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bumpnzx3

Reaction score
What should I be doing with my beer before I drink it, but after it's sat a while at room temp/70 degrees to carbonate? Currently it's sitting in my brew room where I do all of my fermenting/racking/bottling/aging in beer boxes. Should I put it in the basement where it's 45-50 degrees or is it's current location (68'ish degrees) fine? Either way- it's kept out of the light.

Wherever you have space.

If you've got some hoppy beers you may want to store them in a cooler location to slow down the hop reactions, but in general once the bottle conditioning is done (three weeks or so) you can keep it pretty much anywhere you want that's a decent temperature (i.e. 40-90*)

I store mine under the kitchen table. It's out of direct sunlight and easy reach come dinner time! :)

After the initial carbonation tour upstairs where it's warmer, I stick all my beer on shelves in the basement. It runs from the mid-50s in the dead of Winter to the low '60s in the Summer. Seems to be pretty much ideal for beer storage.

After the initial carbonation tour upstairs where it's warmer, I stick all my beer on shelves in the basement. It runs from the mid-50s in the dead of Winter to the low '60s in the Summer. Seems to be pretty much ideal for beer storage.

Ahhhh, cellar temp. My fave!

Back