Aerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duskb

Reaction score
I bought this aerator stone pump about a year ago and it's done pretty well by me. Recently I noticed a bit of moisture had accumulated inside the clear output tube feeding into the filter and the moisture contained trace amounts of mold. To be safe I wanted to order a new filter for it but the only one I'm finding on Amazon someone claims is not sanitary. Rather than take a chance or reinvent the wheel do any of you have any suggestions?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OC8DCQU/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

Last edited by a moderator:
When I used those "sterile" HEPA filters I stored them loosely wrapped in a piece of aluminum foil, not tightly wrapped. Air could still get to it. I guess you could aim a hairdryer at it to speed up the drying process, without melting the plastic housing.

I always draped the hoses over the corner of a metal storage rack to dry. I also cleaned and Starsaned the tubing every few months, again, allowed to dry the same way.

Lesson learned, never put damp things away. Allow them to dry first.

Latest posts

Back