Advice wanted on best plan of action..

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schismatic

Reaction score
Ok guys, my first brew (extract) has been in my primary fermenter for a week now. After 2 days the kreusen was about 2" above the liquid line, now it's dropped back into the beer (i'm presuming this is where it's gone anyway). Now I'd like to point out that I do not have a secondary, and was intending on racking it straight to a keg where I intend to keep it while I drink it. I am unsure on timings, should I keep it in my primary for a longer period? How long should I leave it in the keg for any additional conditioning (as a minimum)? I'd like to add that I have some priming sugar, should I be adding this to the keg before racking? If anybody could give some rough guidelines to me I'd be really grateful, any tips or thoughts from people who've done the primary-straight-to-keg route before. :)

Enjoying brewing already, it's such a vast field. The more I know about it, the more I realise I don't know about it :D

Tom

Leave it in the primary for a total of 10 days to 2 weeks. Then rack it carefully to the keg. Boil the priming sugar in a small amount of water, cool it, and add it to the keg before adding the beer. I dont keg, and Im not sure how long it will take to carbonate and condition, but it will be at least a week or two.

Maybe someone else will have a better idea about that.

- magno

Back