Advice or suggestions on BrewPi controll box.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridemywideglide

Reaction score
I've been accumulating parts for a long while, and I'm about ready to start my control panel. I may upgrade to a metal enclosure in the future, but for now I've got a nice piece of 1/4 acrylic that I'll build off of.

Screenshot below, wire colors I'm sure will hard to read. Coming from a 240/60A spa breaker in my house panel (US) through a 50A wall plug to the box.. Spent more time trying to learn solidworks than I intended, and still I'm sure, far below where I should be to use it properly. Some things do not have an appropriate icon. Also, not pictured, will be bus-bar strips for common and ground.
H1=Black
H2=Red
Common=White
GND=Green

4 wire into rail mount terminal blocks. Hot1 and GND up to P/S for 12v side. Hot1 to Key switch, daisy chained with Estop for 240v side. Common from key to P/S. This way hitting the Estop will not kill the Pi.
Hot1/Hot2 to Contactor (120v coil via key/Estop). Hot1 chained into all 3 SSR's, and out from each SSR to it's respective element. BK is 240v5500w, other 2 are 120v1500w.
Hot2 from Contactor to BK element. Commons from HLT and RIMS elements back to bus. And grounds from all 3 back to bus...

I'm not an electrician, and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn last night.. I've got a guy who IS an electrician, but won't be out here until August. I'd like to have a working/safe setup before then..
:mug:

BrewPi.jpg

Back