Adding fruit puree to secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lincolnubrewer

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm about to transfer my wheat ale to the secondary. My question is what is the best way to add the fruit purée while maintaining sanitary condition? My plan is to purée frozen mango and frozen passion fruit pulp together and then add it to 2nd then transfer beer on top of it. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Just make sure your secondary, funnel, spatula, etc are well sanitized... the alcohol in your fermented beer will definitely help keep things clean

I like to take a cup of beer from the primary and heat it up in a sauce pan. Mix your fruit with the beer and heat to around 180-190 for a few minutes. This has always worked well for me. Good luck.

I like to take a cup of beer from the primary and heat it up in a sauce pan. Mix your fruit with the beer and heat to around 180-190 for a few minutes. This has always worked well for me. Good luck.

This is essentially what I do. I always bring these kind of additions up to a safe temp that will kill anything for 10-15 minutes. This has worked well for me.

Back