Adding Dual Draft Tower to Sanyo BC-1206

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinematographer

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I saw some older threads on this but not one that addresses my specific question.

I am adding a dual draft tower to my Sanyo BC-1206. The new tower has a bigger base than the old one and as such I will have to drill new holes for it.

I wanted to see if anyone thought it necessary to patch up the old screw holes (see pic) or is it cool to just leave them there? If it is necessary what should I use to patch them up?

clCNj9t.jpg

They obviously don't go through into the refrigerated portion and will be completely covered up by the draft tower base.

Also, is it ok to use one of the original holes as a guide and then mount accordingly? It will only offset the tower buy a cm or two. I don't think there will be any issues but just wanted to check that I am not missing some glaring problem other than OCD aesthetics.

Thanks!

I have this same Kegorator and are considering the same mod. How did yours turn out?

I am also moving the CO2 outside of the unit onto a mounted cylinder holder. And thoughts on the most appropriate screws to hold the weight of the cylinder/regulator/mount to the outside skin of the unit?

Back