Adding Cooling to Ferm Chamber, Thermostat Removal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martyjhuebs

Naked Gnome Brew Co
Reaction score
I just removed everything from a mini fridge and I'm curious about the thermostat removal. What do I need to do to completely bypass the thermostat so that the system can plug into my cool side of the STC-1000? Basically the STC-1000 turns it on and off.

View attachment 1466723280950.jpg

fwiw, typically the line cord coming into the unit breaks out into black (hot) white (neutral) and green or green/yellow (safety ground) wires.
The black connects to one side of the thermostat, the other side of the thermostat is typically red, which in turn connects to the hot side of the compressor circuit.
And the "other side" of the compressor connects to the white neutral wire.

So, yes, if you cut out the thermostat and its red wire entirely and go straight from the line cord black to the compressor black, you shouldn't have to do anything other than plug the line cord into your controller...

Cheers!

That's perfect! I appreciate the confirmation. I would have hated to screw up something and waste the $10 I spent on the unit!

Back