Adding a timer to a hot tub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowtires

Reaction score
Okay. This has something to do with beer. I would like to drink some, while in my hot tub. I know there are a ton of experts out there so here goes. I would like to add a 120v timer to my hot tub panel to turn on the heat and pump circuit. Where would I attach it?
Would it go between the pump switch and the air switch? And rely on the pressure switch to keep the heater off when the pump is off? Any hot tub experts here?

View attachment 1461639321939.jpg

Okay let's try this again. This is the circuitry for my brew panel. Where do I install the timer?

Thanks for the reply beaksnbeer. Yes I suppose that could work, however I should mention the timer are normally 15 amp 120 volt and I want to control the pump from coming on while I'm sleeping as the tub is right outside my bedroom door.

Yes. And I aquired intermatic t104. I guess this is the way to go then? The only problem is I don't have a weather resistant box for it

There are SO many ways to do what your talking about. If your electrically able then dive into any of the shut off circuits and set em on the timer. You can add a 240 VAC relay in the actual pump circuit so even if the T stat came on it wouldn't matter unless you were in the timeframe you set. If you want EASY just go buy a pool timer and wire your line voltage for the spa in that relay and call it good.

Cheers
Jay

Back