Add Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R1D5G7

Reaction score
Hey guys I brewed a batch about 3 months ago (been to long to remember exactly) Anyways I was wondering if I should add yeast to the secondary before bottling? Im still noob sorry :confused:

even though its in secondary for that long? also its SUPER clear and VERY VERY little sediment in rhw bottom? I usually do a batch in about 6 weeks so Im not knowledgeable to conditioning and such

even though its in secondary for that long? also its SUPER clear and VERY VERY little sediment in rhw bottom? I usually do a batch in about 6 weeks so Im not knowledgeable to conditioning and such

Yeast will always be in solution, unless you filter it.

R1D5G7 said:

It MIGHT take slightly longer to carbonate but I doubt it. I made an Oktoberfest once that sat in secondary for 3 months at 33 F. It was to the point of being just barely shy of brilliantly clear and it carbed in the bottle just fine.

Thanks guys just was wanting some info, wouldn't want to ruin a batch after all that time. I hope it was worth the wait because it's been a hard one lol :mug:

Latest posts

Back