Add HOPSSSS????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should or should NOT be in beer?

• Hops?

• Grains?

• Very very DARK DME?

• Water?

• More Hops??

• Dogs?

• Malted grains?

• Oats?

• More Oats??

• Dogs?

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm thinking I might try the horse thing. I'll have to settle for a pony due to fermenter size, but I imagine it'll impart that horsey flavor that's so prized in rustic belgian ales.

..........i boiled a used horseshoe in my last batch of belgian candy sugar....but I thought the whole horse thing was a myth!

FromZwolle said:
i don't buy in to the whole autolysaddle theories either.

But you know what happens when autolysaddle occurs? It breaks down into saddle soap.

I think this thread is really about beastiality or something, im outta here!

Some things are too distasteful and assinine to even be in the "drunken" forum.

Yeah...sorry you didn't appreciate the humor.

Assinine?

If I didn't know you better I might think you were name calling.

I appreciate nonsensical and bizarre humor, and that is all this was, a little shock humor is OK too.

Gonna shoot down the "theread killer" thread too?

The recipe for a semen ale is in that thread and bled over.

Yeah...sorry you didn't appreciate the humor.

Assinine?

If I didn't know you better I might think you were name calling.

I appreciate nonsensical and bizarre humor, and that is all this was, a little shock humor is OK too.

Gonna shoot down the "theread killer" thread too?

The recipe for a semen ale is in that thread and bled over.

Nah, it wasn't me that deleted the thread. I'm just saying why someone else, with better taste than me, would have removed the thread.

How bout we toss in some fish heads with the dog and call it DogFishHead.....oh wait.

do I add hops to beer or what?

The original poll question is bizarrely worded and it isn't clear (even to me) what our votes mean.......

I was looking at the dates on this and thought...ZOMBIE THREAD!

Then realized that you could probably dry hop with the zombies in your horse fermenter, but you couldn't mash them...they'd eat all the graaaaaaains. :drunk:

cheezydemon3 said:
I was with you when I thought you were dry Zombieing your brew, but did you use hops?

Well I didn't have much laying around so I used a little squirrel tail @ 60 and then used the hopssss for aroma and flavor.

Well I didn't have much laying around so I used a little squirrel tail @ 60 and then used the hopssss for aroma and flavor.

You put hops in for flavor and aroma?................That is disgusting.

The incontravertible evidence of this well thought out poll, is that homebrewers add primarilly dogs instead of hops.

The dogs, are followed closely by more dogs.

Too much like cannibalism for me...and I can never seem to keep cats alive long enough to make it into the boil. The squirrel is easy to play with and the hops give me a warm tingly feeling (but that could be just me peeing on my own leg).

Wait, does the cat need to be alive pre-boil?

No. The cat doesn't have to be alive. You can use whole cat or plugs (if you find some roadkill). I prefer whole cat, it's not as hard on my filter.

i prefer cat plugs. i feel i get better extraction. the chunks mostly settle out in the primary.

If I use whole cat or plugs, I usually rack to a secondary first to get the brew off the yeast. On a side note, Simcoe is a great late addition hop for cat beers. Anyone ever try a wet-cat beer?

DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!:rockin:

I was digging a HUGE hole in my back yard to bury my murder victims in, when it started to fill with water........

It rained so hard you couldn't hardly see. I gave up and went in for some grog.

Damned if a horse didbn't fall into the hole!!!!

So, I whipped up a quick Belgian ale (made 10 lbs of candy sugar, kilned 20 lbs of grain, etc.) and pitched it on the horse. (OUCH!;)) I dumped 45 packets of danstar in the hole, and crafted the world's biggest blowoff out of some duct tape and 43 lbs of saran wrap.

EPIC WIN!!!!!!

at least tell me you put in a few gnomes to ward off all the bears. they're stealin from urrybody!

Maybe you fella's can give me some suggestions, I seem to have a hard time fitting even a small dog or cat through the bung on my carboy, has anyone tried dry hampstering? I was thinking it might leave a nice cedar nose from the wood shavings in their cage.

Either a blender or a hammer would help it fit. You'd have to use a bunch of hamsters to have a similar result as one dog.

If I use whole cat or plugs, I usually rack to a secondary first to get the brew off the yeast. On a side note, Simcoe is a great late addition hop for cat beers. Anyone ever try a wet-cat beer?

yeah, i think it was called miller? or miller light? something like that.

I hear some breweries are using zombie cats. I don't think I'd want five gallons of it, but I'd like try a bottle or two.

JonM said:
I hear some breweries are using zombie cats. I don't think I'd want five gallons of it, but I'd like try a bottle or two.

You have to be careful with zombie cats. They will contaminate your equipment and turn all of your cats into zombies. Best to use dedicated zombie equipment.

And after you put the spent zombie cats in the garbage or the compost heap, they keep trying to crawl back out. It's kinda annoying.

Anybody had any success with making dog biscuits out of spent zombie cats? I'd love a recipe.

And after you put the spent zombie cats in the garbage or the compost heap, they keep trying to crawl back out. It's kinda annoying.

Anybody had any success with making dog biscuits out of spent zombie cats? I'd love a recipe.

1 part zombie cat, 1 part wheat four, 2 parts spent grains from mash tun.

Mix with 4 cups water and stir thoughly. Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake at 400F until golden brown or until mixture stops twitching. If moon is full bake for additional 15 minutes. For best results, store dry and away from pet cemetaries.

:D
1 part zombie cat, 1 part wheat four, 2 pa:Drts spent grains from mash tun.

Mix with 4 cups water and stir thoughly. Spread evenly on cookie sheet and bake at 400F until golden brown or until mixture stops twitching. If moon is full bake for additional 15 minutes. For best results, store dry and away from pet cemetaries.

And store away from "ground that is SOUR!!!"

..............noob........*sighs*

I have used the same zombie cat 87 times, it is looking a little spent, but ONE USAGE?

I bet you don't recycle plastic either!

Back