Acquired a Control Panel- Need Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cainepolo12

Reaction score
Hello All- I recently acquired a Control Panel in a trade and am thinking about building a HERMS system for my shop. I currently run all propane single tier with 2 march 809's, but would like to be able to set up shop permanently. My wife says that this will require me moving to electric and properly venting. I am trying to find out what I can build from what I have. Here is a rundown of the controller

12.5 x .9.5 plastic control box
1- 2 plug 20A receptacle
1- Auber SYL 2362 PID
1- PT100 RTD temperature probe
40A SSR with heat sink and bus bar
3 toggles- uses undetermined at moment
Flat blade 20A plug

I can run an independent circuit from the breaker to the room, but there is already 220 as well as 15A GFCI.

What is the best use of this equipment? I have 3 vessels as well as immersion coils, plate chillers, etc. and can install whirlpools, fittings, etc.

How many watts can I SAFELY run? Can I control both pumps independently? I am looking for advice on what is logical and saves time as well as experienced advice. Thanks in advance!

Hello All- I recently acquired a Control Panel in a trade and am thinking about building a HERMS system for my shop. I currently run all propane single tier with 2 march 809's, but would like to be able to set up shop permanently. My wife says that this will require me moving to electric and properly venting. I am trying to find out what I can build from what I have. Here is a rundown of the controller

12.5 x .9.5 plastic control box
1- 2 plug 20A receptacle
1- Auber SYL 2362 PID
1- PT100 RTD temperature probe
40A SSR with heat sink and bus bar
3 toggles- uses undetermined at moment
Flat blade 20A plug

I can run an independent circuit from the breaker to the room, but there is already 220 as well as 15A GFCI.

What is the best use of this equipment? I have 3 vessels as well as immersion coils, plate chillers, etc. and can install whirlpools, fittings, etc.

How many watts can I SAFELY run? Can I control both pumps independently? I am looking for advice on what is logical and saves time as well as experienced advice. Thanks in advance!

My guess is that this controller runs on 120V and is wired to run a 2000W heating element and one pump. Toggles would be:
  • Main power
  • Element on/off
  • Pump on/off
Expanding its capabilities would require many new components, lots of work, and maybe a bigger box.
Brew on :mug:

Back