Accurate way to decarbonate a noninfected gusher?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dsh1109

Reaction score
Hello Fellas. I made a beer with some friends and we all went in on it having a 6 pack a piece to give away to our fathers for Christmas. It was John Palmers Elevenses Ale from Northern Brewer. The problem is I had pretty low Attenuation out of the S-04 yeast at 62%, OG 1.042, FG 1.016, and then when I went to prime it the beer mustve woken up the yeast more than usual and it ended up at 1.013 and which has been steady for a few days now. I have one test bottle out of the fridge that I am making sure doesn't continue to ferment and the rest are chilled. My question is there a way to know what the CO2 volume currently is and is there a accurate way to decarbonate via letting some CO2 out and resealing? Would I know how many times to do this and how long to wait in between? or is it really a game of guessing and patience till they aren't gushing and I like the fizz?

I am almost positive it isnt a gusher infection, the beer tastes fine once it is flat and it doesn't seem to be having any further drop in Gravity.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back