Accidentally re-signed up for CABLE

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon3

Reaction score
My god........ADS!!!!!!!!!!

Run for your lives!!!!

Sorry, had gotten used to being able to "pause" anything, and NOT WATCH ADS.

Effing college sports:confused:

Back to cable......what a crap fest

I cancelled my cable almost a year ago. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. I'm saving so much money now, and I'm spending less time on the couch. The channel selection was terrible anyway.

The one thing I do miss is college sports, but now if I want to watch a game bad enough I just walk down the street to one of the bars.

I'm never going back to Time Warner.

I think that I actually watch 2-3 hours of television that I want to watch per week. The rest of it i pay little attention to and is on in the background.

I cancelled my cable almost a year ago. I can't believe I didn't do it sooner. I'm saving so much money now, and I'm spending less time on the couch. The channel selection was terrible anyway.

The one thing I do miss is college sports, but now if I want to watch a game bad enough I just walk down the street to one of the bars.

I'm never going back to Time Warner.

Yeah, after 2 years cable-less, I found that I was spending enough in bars and on episodes of Breaking bad, Walking dead, etc. to pay for simple cable.

GOD it sucks! 18 times or so I have picked up the roku remote and pushed pause, then picked up the cable remote to push pause, only to be left disapointed....

AWFUL.

I think that I actually watch 2-3 hours of television that I want to watch per week. The rest of it i pay little attention to and is on in the background.

You ought to ROKU. I watch a lot more than that. You would pay $20 or so a month for netflix and ala cart amazon. I bet that is a LOT less than what you are paying for cable....and you can pause, rewind, ff whatever you watch. COMMERCIAL FREE.

You ought to ROKU. I watch a lot more than that. You would pay $20 or so a month for netflix and ala cart amazon. I bet that is a LOT less than what you are paying for cable....and you can pause, rewind, ff whatever you watch. COMMERCIAL FREE.

I still wouldn't be able to get screen time for programming that I want to watch. *shrugs* I guess it's the pitfalls of having a kid and a husband...

Thats why I just DVR stuff.. I can pause, FF, rewind..

To hell with live tv..

I doubt if you DVR sports (or maybe you do) but most anything is available streaming the next day. If you NEVER watch live, roku is for you.

Ala cart, you don't have to DVR anything, it is ALL just there.

I DVR sports..

Hell, I never watch anything live unless its on accident...

My cable is pretty much included for my Internet...

I pay $39.99 a month for my 50mbps internet and cable tv..

Back