Accidentally "carbonated" my beer with L.P.G.!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C'mon. Open your eyes. Look up to the skies and see.

And methane? Really? I use a combo of lye and hydrochloric acid. It works really fast. And it tingles.

The entire ocean is a mixture of lye (NaOH) and hydrochloric acid (HCl). Odd but true. Mix an equal amount of each (maybe a bit more lye) and test my theory. I'd do it myself, but...

I'm just a poor boy,

kidney, kidney, liver, berry, berry, tailbone, chode!

7 hit combo. next time I'll hurt a fool.

It's ok. I need no sympathy.

PP, I think it just depends on how you measure. 1 NaOH + 1 HCl = 1 H2O + 1 NaCl, so an equal number of lye and hydrochloric acid molecules are required to make salt water, but the measurement by weight will be different as will the measurement by volume.

PP, I think it just depends on how you measure. 1 NaOH + 1 HCl = 1 H2O + 1 NaCl, so an equal number of lye and hydrochloric acid molecules are required to make salt water, but the measurement by weight will be different as will the measurement by volume.

Holy exothermic reactions batman. Someone can balance equations while :mug:

Molar mass? Boy that escalated quickly.

To get the correct correct ocean pH (8.3), I think you need bicarbonate, HCO3, which means you need a more H and O, and I made the assumption that would come primarily from the lye. But I'm not a chemist, and I have zero idea what I'm talking about. This is bar talk, so I can pretend until tomorrow.

Would you drink a glass of liquid propane? How about connecting an inhaler mask to the tank and breathing it in for an hour? Or maybe open your tank and leave it in your bedroom overnight...

Like all worthwhile stories, it starts one of two ways:

So I was drinking.....

...or...

Hey, watch this...

Of course, the only sensible solution once you get to that point, is to fill the keg to pressure capacity, and use the keg to fuel your burner. Burn beer to make beer. It's like, a beautiful sacrifice to the beer gods. Just force the fittings to make it work. I promise it will be ok. I'm a doctor.

Disclaimer: I am not a doctor.

The entire ocean is a mixture of lye (NaOH) and hydrochloric acid (HCl). Odd but true. Mix an equal amount of each (maybe a bit more lye) and test my theory. I'd do it myself, but...

I'm just a poor boy,

hulkkid1.jpg

I could rant about the possibility of igniting said gas without a reasonable mixture of oxygen to facilitate the combustion process, but I would probably go on and on about it.

Will you let me go?

On and on, I mean.

I could rant about the possibility of igniting said gas without a reasonable mixture of oxygen to facilitate the combustion process, but I would probably go on and on about it.

Will you let me go?

On and on, I mean.

Knock yourself out.

Someone will come along and challenge your stoichiometry/limiting reactant mindless mumbling. Makes me remember my good old undergraduate years.

Will you let me go?

On and on, I mean.

Ah jeez. A Homercidal rant...

No, no, no, no, no, no. NO!

We should probably ask... Billy Klubb, has the devil put aside for Homer?

Ahhhh! I love to chug it as well!

Of course, I also love kerosene carbonated with elephant farts.

It is hard to beat that!!!

Who would have an LP tank filled with CO2? The tanks stink. Who would fill an LP tank with CO2? Both would have had to be blind drunk for this situation to happen.

If it tastes good and smells good, drink it. If it looks like a Troll forget about it.

Who would have an LP tank filled with CO2? The tanks stink. Who would fill an LP tank with CO2? Both would have had to be blind drunk for this situation to happen.

If it tastes good and smells good, drink it. If it looks like a Troll forget about it.

He already came out and said it was a joke.... :fro:

Missed that page. If it wouldn't be for our host and a few other brewers I would say there is a problem in the south.

Southern Wisconsin may not be the most exciting place, or the most scenic place, and it may be far from a tourist's typical ideal vacationland. But I don't think that it is problematic.

Look at that old reality TV show, That 70's Show. They were good friends, with a good fog machine, and parents who cared. Except for that one guy. He had dad issues. But he was still a pretty good dude. They were from Wisconsin.

This thread inspired me. I took one of grandma's oxygen tanks. I'm going to carb my latest batch of mead with it. Imagine... You can drink it, you can breathe in the bubbles, you could use it as a facial cleanser and possibly as a laundry detergent. Like if OxiClean and B. Nektar had a baby. Anyway, I set it at 95 PSI a few hours ago. I'll leave it there for a few days and then try it.

I also have some acetylene and a hydrogen tank on hand. There's no harm in trying, right?

While we're showing our true brilliance:

Mix ammonia and bleach. Concentrate the gas under pressure. Blend the residual liquid with the beer. Carbonate the blend with the gas. Enjoy.

Back