AC DC at the stadium

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Hell of a concert last night. The family tradition is for Dad to take the kids to their first concert. Last night 17 year old Stephanie (see my gallery) got to go to see AC DC in the stadium. Blew her mind. The price of bad BMC ($5.75 a glass) blew mine but didn't damage my wallet at all. I have my limits.

Angus Young is an animal. If he performs like that every night he could probably win the Boston marathon. Half way through the concert he had done his strip teaze routine and was down to just his shorts. He was still sweating like a crack whore in the front pew.

They did a nice mix of their new album and the old classics. They were on stage for a good three hours and had the energy of men half their age. Well, Brian and Angus anyway.

They opened with Runaway Train. The show started with a sexually charged cartoon clip on the big screens of a demonic Angus sparring with some buxom ladies. The end result was, of course, a runaway train. There was a huge replica on the stage of a wrecked train. This train provided a nice seat for a massive blow up doll of Rosey.

One of my favorite parts of the show was when Brian ran down the catwalk and grabbed a rope that was hanging down. The rope was attached to the clapper of a giant AC DC bell and started a slightly modified vocal version of Hell's Bells. The also played Back in Black from that album.

I think I hurt my voice a little but my ears aren't too bad. Since the show was outdoors and my seat was pretty far from stage we were spared the bulk of the sound pressure. Still the sound was good enough and the four large screens zoomed into the performers so you could really see what was going on.

I'm pretty sure Stephanie will be telling my grandchildren about this one years from now. :rockin:

Cool deal. Something for dad and daughter.

I also checked out your gallery. It was a little tough to find Stephanie what with Svetlana being there, too. :p

Cool deal. Something for dad and daughter.

I also checked out your gallery. It was a little tough to find Stephanie what with Svetlana being there, too. :p

Lol. Forgot about that. Kind of creepy to send people to my gallery to see Stephanie and get all the nudies. I want to delete them, but it will ruin the milestone threads that prompted them. Then again, there have been so many other great anniversary posts since those I could probably get rid of them without much notice. I would prefer that there weren't any NSFW pics in my gallery because I sometimes show people the gear I have in the hopes of getting a new recruit.

As far as the father-daughter thing, this is my third child to be introduced to live rock shows. I took my eldest daughter to Pink Floyd and my eldest son to Korn. I still have one more boy. We'll see who's touring in the next year or two.

Back