About to inherit a beat up ugly kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cap1

Reaction score
Someone is giving me a kegerator for free. It gets nice and cold but the thing looks like hell. Besides replacing all the hoses and the tower, I was thinking of somehow improving the aesthetics of it somehow. I wish I took some pictures of it but I don't have any at the moment. It can easily fit 2 cornies and a 5# tank. I plan to have it been seen in my game room right next to the pool table so I'm willing to spend some cash to make it look better.

Any ideas?

Someone is giving me a kegerator for free. It gets nice and cold but the thing looks like hell. Besides replacing all the hoses and the tower, I was thinking of somehow improving the aesthetics of it somehow. I wish I took some pictures of it but I don't have any at the moment. It can easily fit 2 cornies and a 5# tank. I plan to have it been seen in my game room right next to the pool table so I'm willing to spend some cash to make it look better.

Any ideas?

Maybe sand it down and re-paint it with appliance paint? Is it just the paint that sucks? Or is it all dinged up and dented too?

Sand and paint will make a huge difference, you can also create a chalkboard and paste that to the front covering most dings and dents facing the room. Some grout and tile on the top around the tower will change the top drastically.. Really it just depends on how much you want to do!

It's rusted and dinged up everywhere. looks like someone let their son in little league hit the thing with a baseball bat over and over.

I was thinking of maybe making a wooden cabinet around it. Would this be a bad idea if I fit a cabinet with a couple of 80mm fans to get some circulation?

Build a planter that makes a "U" shape around the tower, then plant some leafy vines *COUGH* HOPS *COUGH* and let them grow down around the sides. Strip the paint from the door, prime, bondo, sand, prime, paint with chalkboard paint.

Should look classy.

Back