Abita brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been. It has more of a commercial brewery "feel" to it than some micros I've visited, but all-you-can-drink for an hour or so is nice.

I'm a fan of their seasonals. Satsuma is fantasic, and their Strawberry Harvest Lager is amazing (but likely not on tap anymore).

I was there this past Saturday, and it was amazing! If I remember correctly they had the following on tap:

Amber, Light, Golden, Select (Triple Haze), Restoration, Abbey Ale, SOS, Purple Haze, Wheat, Satsuma, Jockamo, Turbodog, Andy Gator, and Root Beer.

I was really impressed by their facility. They are currently upgrading their bottling line to a bigger scale and a more automated system. It was a really fun trip to say the least. Have fun!

P.S. you really need to try the Abita Select (Triple Haze). It's a high gravity Purple Haze and it is out of this world!

The Abita brewery was awesome gave me some home brewing ideas. The beer on tap at the brewery there is nothing better. Learned a mix while I was there it's called the Barney Andygator on bottom and purple haze on top pretty dang good.

The Abita brewery was awesome gave me some home brewing ideas. The beer on tap at the brewery there is nothing better. Learned a mix while I was there it's called the Barney Andygator on bottom and purple haze on top pretty dang good.

We try to do the Abita tour whenever we visit NOLA. Always a good time :mug:

Latest posts

Back