AAW 180 RPM 1/2 HP - Cold Starting?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadjobrinus

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just been looking at the Monster videos and reading their FAQs. They recommend 1 HP if using their Pro Series (2" diameter roller) mills. They also recommend a capacitor start motor, if wanting to start with a loaded hopper (I do, though it's no deal breaker).

The 180 RPM AAW motor is 1/2 HP. I don't believe it has a capacitor start (I'm only saying that, because they don't make mention of it).

It seems people love the motor on this site, and I haven't heard of any issues. Just checking against MM's recommendation. Any problems with using the 1/2 HP motor, and the Pro Series mills? Is there any difficulty starting with a loaded hopper?

Thanks.

I have the MM-2 Pro mill and the AAW motor. Absolutely no issues at all in filling the hopper and starting the motor. It does not even hesitate. The AAW motor has a ton of torque. I htink this thing would grind rocks if you put them in the hopper. Awesome set up.

IMG_0518.JPG

Thanks Beergolf, carries a lot of weight with me. Your setup has been a key inspiration for me since first reading it.

Awesome. Thanks again.

Back