aaarrgghh!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
amen. work's been crazy. 3 year old has taken a keen interest in "open defiance". wife's fed up with 3 year old. my dog got the end of her ear bit off by my sister-in-law's dog. stout has gone stale.

and mow my laptop battery is about to die.

-walker

Walker said:
amen. work's been crazy. 3 year old has taken a keen interest in "open defiance". wife's fed up with 3 year old. my dog got the end of her ear bit off by my sister-in-law's dog. stout has gone stale.

and mow my laptop battery is about to die.

-walker

hhhmmm..rough day hu walker? poor doggie....:eek:

DeRoux's Broux said:
hhhmmm..rough day hu walker? poor doggie....:eek:

yeah... and the dang thing would NOT stop bleeding.

The night after it happened, we had the bleeding stopped and it was bandaged up, and she went to sleep in my son's room, as usual. In the morning, his room looked like a freaking crime scene. There was blood spattered all over the floor and walls, and there were splotches of it on her pillow-bed-thing as well as on my son's bed.

For three days, whenever she shook her head, it would start to bleed pretty badly and I'd be mopping up spots of it for 30 minutes. I was about ready to get the torch and cauterize the thing, but the wife freaked out about that. :)

So, we called the vet. Since it was the tip of the ear, there wasn't really anything they could do about it... aside from cauterize it.

We've just kept it greased up with antibacterial ointment and covered with curious george band-aids, and it seems to be better. We let her go tonight with the bandages off for the first time since last Saturday, and it seemed to be fine.

-walker

PS: She didn't go down without a fight. The other dog has a black eye and a cut on the lip.

DeRoux's Broux said:
anybody ever need to do that?:mad:

damn it's been a sh*ty past couple weeks.....need a break.....:(

You're not too far from Nuevo Laredo, are you? ;)

DeRoux's Broux said:
anybody ever need to do that?:mad:

damn it's been a sh*ty past couple weeks.....need a break.....:(
Vent your spleen Deroux. Walker has! Mine's coming soon i'm sure.....

Are we talkin " Arrrghhh!" , as in " Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum" or as in " Please stand clear to avoid injury " ?
I much prefer the piratical use of the word.

Walker- Is that Bootsie Collins, or a look-alike?
Blighty- My donkey asks that you please quit using those pictures and return them to him. He mentioned something about a restraining order.:confused:

sudsmonkey said:
Walker- Is that Bootsie Collins, or a look-alike?

This isn't bootsy. This is just the first thing that shows up on google's image search for "afro". :D

-walker

fun fact: Bootsy lives in Cincinnati, OH, where I went to college. He was often spotted riding a around on a bicycle (not by me, but by many others.)

Can you imagine what kind of bike bootsy might ride? That thing was probably WAY pimped out.

-walker

Yeah I've been doing this a lot lately. The wife has been helping as much as she can. I dont know.... I'm kinda confused.... out of focus. I used to be able to solve problems very easily. Since the operations my head is just cloudy kinda. I am thankful to be back at work, but by the end of the day I am taxed physically and very frazzled. I have read a few accountings of people who go through heart operations. Interestingly enough two of these accountings describe the mind set that I am currently feeling and they believe that the perscribed medications were the reason for it.

sudsmonke" Please stand clear to avoid injury " ? I much prefer the piratical use of the word.[/quote said:
that's the phrase i was intending for use in this thread......and still am......

At times like this I find a modicum of snuff can be quite efficacious. Also, as my late great Aunt used to say when I asked her if she was having a good day: "At this point, every day's a good day, son!"

BeeGee said:
At times like this I find a modicum of snuff can be quite efficacious. Also, as my late great Aunt used to say when I asked her if she was having a good day: "At this point, every day's a good day, son!"

a monster hopped homebrew helps too :drunk:

Mmmmm...homebrew... Last night was going to be a cigar and homebrew night, but I didn't get done grouting the backsplash until late and pretty much went straight to bed. Now, despite the hour, I can't get it off my mind. I wonder if a desktop humidor in a cubicle would be too ostentatious. :confused:

Back