a roommate WTF?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hostileNabusive

Reaction score
rant ahead:

I was upstairs talking with one of my four roommates, going downstairs I noticed my futon I was storing in our spareroom was gone. Apparently my roommate sold it w/out checking with me... wtf?!:confused:

He mentioned a couple of times, although not very seriously, that I should get rid of it and I was in the process of getting it to my brother's (a few blocks away) where it would stay until my sister starts her first year of college (next fall). Apparently it was a pain in the spare room, altough I'm not quite sure why.

Whatever, I'm not gonna dispute if it was an annoyance or not but give me a shot to do something about it at least. Don't mention it in passing a couple of times and then sell the damn thing. :mad:

This roommate is a good friend, or so I thought. I just can't even comprehend the sheer rudeness of it. I still can't believe someone would do something so, so... idiotic. Oh and I almost forgot to mention where the money is going... to him. "We got like 40 bucks for it. We're gonna put it to the beer pong table."

Another small point, the mattress for it was expensive, worth like 100 bucks by itself.

end rant. thanks for letting me vent...

Tell him he owes your sister a new futon next fall. If he doesn't like that, brewstrike. Still not getting through? Trench coat, monkey wrench, kneecaps... I know a guy who knows a guy...

sell something of his to get even, and use the money for brewing supplies.
Two wrongs always make a right.

One thing most people don't realize these days is that no one ever says anything "in passing" if your roommate was mentioning it, it must have been bothering him quite a bit.

You don't have to have a roommate sit down conference every time a decision is to be made.

New idea... Take his car to your brother's house while he's asleep. When he starts asking where it is, tell him you wanted to free up the driveway. "But hey, don't worry, some guy gave me $80 for it!"

LOL, I have nothing much to say (Thanks to some PranQster, and some SA Imperial Hallertau Pilsner) but I love that these kinds of threads devolve into the same suggestions evey time! "Sell his xxx" "Sleep with his sister" "Piss on his pillow/toothbrush/mouthwash/sock drawer/car/sister/cat" ... I'm not bashin it! I'm just sayin I think it's a blast! A bit druck, so I will just hit Post now.....

Explain to him it was YOURS.
Explain to him your sister was going to use it.

Explain to him that it's YOUR SPARE BEDROOM TOO.

Explain to him it's pretty bad to sell something that's not yours without exact consent.

Tell him to get ahold of the person who bought it, and tell them you want it back.

B

yeah, that's def a WTF moment! I'd explain he had no right to sell something that he did not own. ALL of that money is yours, since it was your futon and he doesn't get to decide how to spend it. Buy a few steaks, some great beer, and throw a party when he isn't around. And make sure to tell him about it, and what a great time he missed out on by being a dick!

Well you could explain it to officer Opie & the judge, or you could take something of equal value + a little extra for the inconvenience; or you could simply try to get even in a rather creative way, or not so creative way. Get him good & drunk, when he passes out, write something on his forhead in permanent marker, maybe something like "I AM A THIEF." If you're feeling particularly vindictive, take him to the edge of town, strip him naked & leave him there. Regards, GF.

Get some magnum condoms (I cant spare mine I afraid or I'd give you one :) ) and leave an empty wrapper under the covers in his bed.
Got to the thrift store and get a pair of Super Huge granny panties. Mix up a bit of creamy peanut butter and mustard and make a nice skid mark in them and leave them under his bed.
Make a personal ad on craigslist that will attract whatever he definatly isnt into and use his phone number.
I'd start with those anyways. If it doesnt have an effect then you may have to just cockpunch him.

Get some magnum condoms (I cant spare mine I afraid or I'd give you one :) ) and leave an empty wrapper under the covers in his bed.
Got to the thrift store and get a pair of Super Huge granny panties. Mix up a bit of creamy peanut butter and mustard and make a nice skid mark in them and leave them under his bed.
Make a personal ad on craigslist that will attract whatever he definatly isnt into and use his phone number.
I'd start with those anyways. If it doesnt have an effect then you may have to just cockpunch him.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa. That is not cool. Frankly, if he refuses to see eye-to-eye with you about, basically, stealing your property... small claims.

Hmmmm I do think he owes you $ or a new futon, but I would let like a month go by then get him back with many of the great ideas posted here.

He doesn't happen to have any carboys or 3 gal cornies you could sell on the cheap, does he? If so, let me help you with your vendetta

Tell him he owes you money or a futon and if he refuses, sell something of his. Should it come to this, don't think of the $40. Sure, he may have only got $40, but you need to buy a futon, so make sure you sell something you can get some good money for.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three lefts do.

That reminds me of the roommate who owed me a bunch of money after I found out his portion of the rent was WAY late and I had to pay it to keep all of us from getting evicted. I sold his bed and furniture on Craigslist (half of which was on loan from me anyways). Of course, the sumbitch stills owes me $500 years later, which I'll never see. I knew I should have screwed his mom when I had the chance. (Seriously, I had the chance.)

That reminds me of the roommate who owed me a bunch of money after I found out his portion of the rent was WAY late and I had to pay it to keep all of us from getting evicted. I sold his bed and furniture on Craigslist (half of which was on loan from me anyways). Of course, the sumbitch stills owes me $500 years later, which I'll never see. I knew I should have screwed his mom when I had the chance. (Seriously, I had the chance.)

Yeh - I've got two friends who owe me $500 and $250 respectively in rent money. The one is trying hard to pay me back, and has already paid about half of what he used to owe... The other is very spotty. *shrug*

I've written that money off - but if it ever comes back to me, I'll be a happy dude. :)

+1 to screwing moms or sisters. And posting pics, if hotness applies. :p

Explain to him, like others have said, he owes you a futon, It was not his to sell nor his apt. to have sole dictatorship over the rooms and their furniture. He either buys you a new futon of equal or greater value or you take him to the cops for theft. Simple enough. Or if he is actually a good friend and not just a roomate, sell something of his and give him a good cockpunch.

Oh, and be sure when you guys finally move out, that beer pong table is YOURS!!

what a ******. I say make him give you $$ to get another futon or wait until he leaves something valuable out, and sell it on craigslist.

Simply discuss it with him and take appropriate legal action if he decides to be a dick about it.

However, once it's resolved he definitely needs to be the brunt of some drunk jokes (permanent marker, stripped naked and dumped, granny panties and condom, etc.).

Back