A quick question on bitterness

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewingbound

Reaction score
Im really into malty beers and I don't care much for bitter beers. This kind of sucks because I want to like as many different styles of beer as possible. So I was wondering... If you drink more bitter beer, will it eventually make it more appealing? Thanks in advance

I'm probably not going to help much. But I wanted to say I know what you mean, I'm also a fan of a good malty beer but I think If you get out and drink different styles you'll find a bitter beer you like or one you can grow too like. With that said I never got a rule book with my beer or beer brewing equipment. If you only like 2 beers then hell just brew thous for now!

There we go that's a good idea. Instead of having a bunch of different styles, I can just have a couple that is made to perfection

I agree with the above poster, but your original question is true! I didn't like IPAs when I first drank them and now I cant get enough. Its one of those acquired tastes like whiskey, coffee, dark chocolate , etc...

conneryis007 said:
I agree with the above poster, but your original question is true! I didn't like IPAs when I first drank them and now I cant get enough. Its one of those acquired tastes like whiskey, coffee, dark chocolate , etc...

Awesome so I have to adapt to :ban:

I still cannot stand American IPA's... English, from breweries, might be ok, depending on how they made it. But, MY English IPA's are great. I go for a good IBU:GU balance, then use late addition hops to get the flavors and aromas that make it great. OR do a hop bursting schedule that's all 20 minutes from the end forward. ALL flavor and aroma additions, plus you get the IBUs to balance the malt/GU... :D

Back