A quick kegging question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkItZero

Reaction score
I see most people on here bottle their beer. Why not put it in 5 gal corny kegs? I'm very novice, and I was just wondering. I have a corny keg, and is some co2 and all the fittings all I need to keg it? Maybe if there is a kegging tutorial or something somewhere that you guys could point me to I'd appreciate it. I'm just a beer lover trying to home brew some, so I'm sorry about all the lame questions. Get some drinks in :mug:

There are pluses and minuses to both. Do a search on kegging & you'll find the tutorial.

I hate washing bottles.

MarkItZero said:
I see most people on here bottle their beer. Why not put it in 5 gal corny kegs? I'm very novice, and I was just wondering. I have a corny keg, and is some co2 and all the fittings all I need to keg it? Maybe if there is a kegging tutorial or something somewhere that you guys could point me to I'd appreciate it. I'm just a beer lover trying to home brew some, so I'm sorry about all the lame questions. Get some drinks in :mug:
When was the keg last used? You might have to get new gaskets for it if it's been a few years.

I'd take it a step further: if you didn't personally install and have been keeping the gaskets clean then replace them. Gaskets are relatively cheap way to ensure you get good seal and aren't infecting your brew. Besides the replacement process is one that lets you get a good handle on how the thing works so if you eve rneed to track down a problem, you've already got the knowledge and tools you need.

Back