A new, insidious threat to our society......

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It won't be long before the US team achieves something major, like maybe making the semi-finals of the world cup. When that happens, the traditional US sports will have a lot more to worry about than just a few hipsters watching the beautiful game. ;) ~ Benjamin Franklin

Funny exchange I had a few years back at a friend's party. As I was walking by, rather inebriated I will add, I heard ambient arguing re: soccer a few feet from me. A gent who I didn't know motioned to me. "Hey, you over there, what do you think?" "I'm sorry, I know absolutely nothing about soccer." He looked at me dumbfounded, as if I had two heads... "Who cares, mate? Pick a team, start arguing."

You contradicted yourself with not knowing anyone in the mls but know the national team

he said "besides" members on the national team.

As I said before I really do hope the MLS takes off, but it has a long way to go. I'm glad there are a lot of die hard followers. But I just can't bring myself to really watch it. To me it just isn't played how soccer should be played. Now watching Spain, and even Italy, is a thing of beauty. They really value the ball, something Americans don't do enough of.

As to the person who said it won't be long before US achieves something like a semi-final in the world cup: I certainly hope so but it seems like the national team has regressed lately. There should be so much more talent out there but for some reason, IMO, the national team doesn't put it all out there. But they will at least always be up there in terms of athleticism so I hope eventually the skill catches up to that and they can make a run.

Sorry my bad.

Reading comp not good early in the mirning

If it's an iphone it's completely understandable... if it's an android, you're doing it wrong =)

Its a droid that doesnt work haha. This thing will randomly call people like ass dialing of old stick phones

Back