A Motorcycle Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thewurzel

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A Motorcycle Kegerator
The ultimate Motorcycle accessories.
A Kegerator for on the bike, for camping trips and fun
It is made up from a Givi 52 liter top case, with a 7/8” hole drilled in it and then a stainless steel shank put trough with a stainless steel tap on the outside. Inside the case there is a 2.5 gallon soda keg, a 50’ stainless steel cooling coil and a small CO2 regulator.
I wanted to be able to take my home brew beer and cider along, l when I go camping. This was the way I decided to make it easy for me to do that.
Before anyone asks I don’t drink and ride
I go camping a lot and go to a lot of motorcycle rallies. This is for when I am setup and have the tent up. Then I will hook up the keg and put tap on. While riding the out tap on keg will be removed and so will the Perl tap on the outside of the trunk, leaving only the shank showing.

motor_cycle_kegerator.jpg

Motorcycle_kegerator_2.jpg

Inside_kegerator.jpg

wow. this is dangerous if it gets out lol

Only thing i can see is do you have to stand the keg up to tap from it?

Definitely gonna want a tap lock for that one.

I wonder, if you hit a bump hard enough to open the tap, could the police construe that as posession of an open container?

Kewl project. Just be careful bro.

Very cool idea, but it's kind of like stoners riding around with grateful dead stickers and a bong in the back window, it's just asking for trouble. Not that I'm uptight, just that I'm now afraid of the police.

I doubt a cop is going to suspect anything with just a shank sticking out. Now, if he had left the tap on there... (which he said in the first post that he does NOT do that ;) )

Man this is a little scary - being a motorcycle rider myself, I'd be pretty wary of riding with anything but a full keg. Sloshing could seriously impact handling.

Aside from this....BADASS!

Man this is a little scary - being a motorcycle rider myself, I'd be pretty wary of riding with anything but a full keg. Sloshing could seriously impact handling.

Aside from this....BADASS!

Awww, come on now! I wish I had pics of riding home on my CBR600 F2 sitting on a full keg of Shiner strapped to the fillion, frame and my waist. It was only 3 blocks. :mug:

Deffs an open container man. You have no way of proving that you have not been consuming from it on the road (not unlike an open bottle of whiskey in your glove box.)

Deffs an open container man. You have no way of proving that you have not been consuming from it on the road (not unlike an open bottle of whiskey in your glove box.)

If he is consuming it from that tap while on the road (riding), I want a video of it.

:rockin:

WOW. just wow. That's awesome!

I suppose if you were to unhook a quick disconnect, then nobody could possibly claim it's an "open container"

I think I am going to have to share this on the motorcycle forums I'm a member on!

I bow to you oh wise one.... As a fellow biker THIS ROCKS :rockin: I have got to figure out how to do this on my ride.

Have not actualy used it yet but when disensing the out side will be down and I will slant the keg to get the most possible out of it

Perhaps you would want to rotate the output side down and tilt the keg so the bottom is UP a little then replace the dip tube with a short gas-side dip tube. This should let you pretty well drain the keg.

I saw this, then looked at my lonely 2.5 gallon keg and said
"hell yes".
I have a spare Givi trunk and a mount in storage just waiting for a purpose.
:rockin:

Back