A humbling experience.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This right here. I can see where someone might point out him being a manager but to keep going on and backing up the reason for calling him out is uncalled for.

At my last law firm the IT manager knew nearly zero about computers, servers, etc. He was purely and simply a manager and would come to me with the most elementary of computer questions. However, he ran the department damn good and didn't need that knowledge with the staff he had on hand. I always thought his position was pointless until I got to my new firm. My new boss is an IT whiz, but a poor manager because he is always so busy doing actual IT work and not spending time managing. It's after this I saw the value of my old boss.

Rev.

I am sure this can be true, but I have had many bosses who did not know the job well and they ran everything terribly because of that lack of knowledge. They could not make any decisions on their own at all and if they tried it was wrong. If the place ran smoothly at all it was because we or someone else was running the place. I think it a shame someone who can't run the place get better pay and not have to do much just because he is a nice guy who can manage a vacation schedule or give out raises.

EDIT: This was in reply to the above two posts not to the OP. I am guessing the OP does his job just fine.

In the winter I am not averse to setting my BK outside and dealing with it in the morning. There are people who no-chill in hot climates and I take the risk that I won't get an infection this time of year overnight. Wost that has ever happened was getting too much hop utilization, which I often try to duplicate.

It will get better.

Same here. I don't set it in the snow. Snow melts and the kettle falls over.

Place it on something like an unpainted board wide enough for good support and place a weight on top of the lid in case the wind comes up. If it's raining - the garage works well also.

19 degrees F is a great temp. It probably won't freeze. I did one colder than that, and it was slush by the next morning.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f127/what-i-thinking-165148/

The original poster of this thread reminds me a lot of mikedavid00/takesomeadvice @ youtube. Sounds a lot like his postings. Also he says his wife was making him brew then she turned into his fiance. Just my .02 worth.

Latest posts

Back