A great vendor made my weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gridlocked

Reaction score
I have no affiliation with the company but I think when a vendor does a great job, it should be acknowledged. The pricing, shipping and customer service at Farmhouse brewing supply has continued to meet and exceed my expectations. They have a LOT of hops in stock (in 4oz bags), and great pricing. They respond to inquiries very quickly to E-mails. I recently had a little issue with a small order and it was corrected and shipped in the same day. It wasn't a big deal, but the way it was handled was absolutely great.

So, Farmhouse, Thank you!

header.jpg

Thanx for the link,some different hops in there! Good lookin prices too! I think I may just stock up the freezer with 5 or 6 types I use/want to mix with. I'll look at it more later for the info on the new sounding ones. How's their info pages?

Yeah, that's what I did - well thought I was doing. Right after I found them, I went up to a 10 gallon system so turns out, I go through more hops. Coupled with my IPA addiction, anyway... hahaha.
The info on the pages isn't super awesome, but a quick google search should turn up the info you'll need.

I've been using the good info on freshops.com,& Midwest. I'm sure I have another one in my home brew folder from you guys,I just can't remember it off the top of my head. Even fresh hops doesn't carry Apollo,for instance. More research...:drunk:
Anyway,I thought it would help,since my car is down,my son's car's exhaust is broken,so local city for now. LHBS is 10 mins up the highway in Westlake.

I used them for my first bulk hops order. I really liked their service and received my order a day before I expected. I will be very happy to buy from them again.

I found these guys about a month ago...since then I have ordered twice. I order every other Friday night (payday haha). I buy enough for 2 batches and can't beat the prices or shipping. There have been a few grains that they don't carry but as far as hops go the selection is awesome and you can't really beat the price without going by the pound (I'm not a big hophead so that's not really worth it for me without giving up variety). I usually end up with a decent variety of hops left over depending on the recipes I'm brewing. Both times I have ordered after 10 pm on Friday night and got a shipping ID and everything Sunday afternoon. The package then arrives on Thursday to Philly. I would totally recommend these guys as the go to online supplier for basic grains and hops!

Something else about Farmhouse (he's a member here too).. If you have questions about an order that has arrived, you actually DO get a reply from him within a reasonable amount of time. Faster than some vendors I've been working with (where getting communications is not nearly as quick). On my latest order, the beg of grain was marked with the wrong L level. There were other bags of grain that I ordered, that were printed, so I took them as correct and he just had a 'brain fart' when marking the other bag. I was able to get that confirmed on the evening it arrived, and I opened the box. There are other vendors that would have waited a day or three before replying (or requiring multiple emails before any communication back).

I've been buying almost all my hops from Farmhouse since finding out about them late last year. When they start carrying whole hops (if they do) I'll probably order ALL my hops from them.

I also like how they have good pricing on specialty grains, and even have some additional items that are either more difficult to find with other vendors, or simply are not carried by others.

IMO, when you find a good vendor, you work WITH them to ensure your experience remains positive, and they know when something isn't 100% on an order. Communicate with them before you go and post something negative. The better vendors will work to make things right quickly. The ones that don't should be moved to tier 2 or 3 when it comes to getting products. That is, unless they are the ONLY place to get the items... Even then, I would work to locate another source/supplier for those items (something I'm actually doing now).

My experiences, to date, with Farmhouse has been very positive. I will continue to order from them every chance I get, and when it makes sense (which is very often)... I do like their location, which means orders arrive within 3-4 days anywhere in the country (via ground)...

Yeah Farmhouse's prices are good, they ship fast, and have a solid variety of ingredients. I ordered Christmas Eve morning and then left to go to my family's house for Christmas about 2 hours away. When I got there checked my email and it had already been shipped. The price I paid with shipping was nearly half of what it would have cost with another major vendor that I checked. I told a couple of my brewing buddies and now they are ordering from them too. Thanks from me as well. I would urge anyone to check them out. They are a solid addition to you list of vendors.

imo, when you find a good vendor, you work with them to ensure your experience remains positive, and they know when something isn't 100% on an order. Communicate with them before you go and post something negative.

this +1.

Farmhouse did it again.
John, you are the best.

Guys, give this guy your business.
The prices are the best I've found and the service is the best I have ever found.

-Ted

Back