A Fun Experiment w/ brewing friend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK everyone... the tasting goes down next Friday. Judges are lined up, and all we need now is a good score sheet. Stay tuned... more to come.

I will be presenting a pumpkin ale as my "brew of choice"... along side my double IPA.

Heck isn't sure but he's got a Chinese army of beers to choose from, along side his double IPA.

Later,

J

Chinese army is right....
- Belgian Tripel
- Irish Red <- probably my choice...
- Espresso porter
- ESB clone
- Rasberry Hef

Well, the testing is over. Final tally:

Double IPA

Year2beer: 107
JOnheck: 121

Specialty beers:

Year2beer: 126
JOnheck:113

Thus, year2beer loses by 11 total points. However, we both agree that it was too close to call it a legit win.

IMPORTANT FACTS:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR STYLE OF BREWING... IN THE END both brewing styles made excellent Beers that we were proud to share. Competition aside (for just a second) ...we accomplished our goals.

Ladies and Gentlemen... brew however the hell you want as long as you are happy doing it!!!

Later

J

I think since you were so close you should split the bet and each buy the other $200 worth of equipment.

Great thread! I'm glad to know my mis-measurements wont make a bit of difference.

Cheers! :mug:

Well, the testing is over. Final tally:

Double IPA

Year2beer: 107
JOnheck: 121

Specialty beers:

Year2beer: 126
JOnheck:113

Thus, year2beer loses by 1 total point. However, we both agree that it was too close to call it a legit win.

IMPORTANT FACTS:

DON'T WORRY ABOUT YOUR STYLE OF BREWING... IN THE END both brewing styles made excellent Beers that we were proud to share. Competition aside (for just a second) ...we accomplished our goals.

Ladies and Gentlemen... brew however the hell you want as long as you are happy doing it!!!

Later

J

Fixed that for ya.

This was a great thread to follow and awesome experiment!

That was a great experiment. Nice job guys. It's good to know brewing can be more feel and follow a technique than an exact science where you have to follow a set recipe. I just started brewing in January and friggin love it.

Back