A friendly place for friends who drink

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm right at 5.5 gallons in the fermenter. That was my first thought, but swished the wort around in the fermenter and verified.

Same crush on your grains as normal? I'm just as lost as you. If the only change was water chemistry, I'd have to say that was it, but seems off.

Same crush on your grains as normal? I'm just as lost as you. If the only change was water chemistry, I'd have to say that was it, but seems off.

I get my grains at the same LHBS. In the past, I've changed the crush settings to see if there's any change, but no go. Picking lime is the only change here. The biggest issue, I think, is no starter was done.

Also I feel like a celebrity. Today was at least the 10th time that someone I know IRL knows who I am on HBT, but I didn't even know they were on HBT at all (not that I had any reason to believe they wouldn't be, just never knew they were, still don't know their HBT name).

That's a good retirement plan. Free food, housing and of course..you know.😉

Hmmm...you have a point. Who needs to rob a bank? Plenty of easier ways less likely to get you shot. All the perks, none of the death by cop.

Wife's out of town until tomorrow. I've got nothing better to do, and a little aggro sounds like fun. I should go fine a yuppie to beat senseless. Lord knows there's more than enough of them around here. Plus some random violence'll lower the property values a bit. Win win, I say.

Another DBA. Sitting out back watching the 1 year old play in his fancy playhouse. 80* and sunny here.

Every day more and more I think the risk of 20 years in prison for armed bank robbery is preferable to 20 years of job.

I fantasize about such things. How can I shortcut the next 20 years? Robbery? Drug dealer? Eh I'm allergic to being raped in prison so I'll get up and go to work tomorrow.

I fantasize about such things. How can I shortcut the next 20 years? Robbery? Drug dealer? Eh I'm allergic to being raped in prison so I'll get up and go to work tomorrow.

There's always insurance fraud. Ponzi scheme? You know, something to send you to one of those white collar resorts I mean prisons.

Better yet, fly to Norway, do it there. Then it really might as well be a resort.

Hey if I drink enough maybe I'l believe it. Speaking of drinking. Nightcap 4:30am gets here here quick.
View attachment 348520
I like this RIS. Roasty, bitter and smoky.

You have the Sunday shift to? Glad to see ya posting here again.
Drinking a big saison and bourbon, not going to be a late night, hate working Saturdays.

Ive had a few homebrews and a couple of coronas w/ lime the wife picked up. I took a break and now instead of walking the tipsy line I'm fighting to stay awake. Im on pup ball watch duty though.

You have the Sunday shift to? Glad to see ya posting here again.

Drinking a big saison and bourbon, not going to be a late night, hate working Saturdays.

I work every other weekend. I really can't complain I only work three days a week. However that's three days too many

I work every other weekend. I really can't complain I only work three days a week. However that's three days too many

Yep, that's why I didn't take the Engineering job. Going from compressed shift, OT optional when I want it, to a job with 15% annual cut in pay for 5days/week and night shift calling at 10pm for questions. No thanks!

Yep, that's why I didn't take the Engineering job. Going from compressed shift, OT optional when I want it, to a job with 15% annual cut in pay for 5days/week and night shift calling at 10pm for questions. No thanks!

At this point in my life I just want to enjoy what's left of it is that so bad?

Latest posts

Back