A few wrongs do make a right

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

November

...relax...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, brewed up some lager today. Step 1 must have been break my hydrometer, nailed that one. Lost power during the boil and blew a fuse in my control panel. Fixed it, but I lot track of how long I had been boiling. I decided just to guess on the side of caution, sure enough I ended up with less wort then expected and at a higher gravity. As I was starting to get frustrated, I decided to dilute to my desired gravity. I was loading the MLT with ice to run through my PC while thinking about this and trying to calculate how much to dilute. Stupid, somehow I dumped 20 pounds of ice into the BK instead of the MLT. Just as I was about to start losing it, I took a reading with my refractometer. Somehow I managed to dilute to the exact desired OG.

So despite everything going wrong along the way, I got to where I wanted to be. Anyone else have compounding disaster end up working out?

Back