A few Gas Regulator ?'s

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMG680

Reaction score
Ok, so I just want to ask a few things and see if I am lost or not.

If I want 3 beers on tap and one of them a stout on Beer Gas (Nitrogen and CO2) then 2 kegs would be hooked up to just CO2 and 1 up to the Beer Gas, right? No keg would be hooked up to both.

Next, What is the reason to have independent keg pressures? If I am going to buy the parts should I just spend the extra money to be able to carb each keg to a different pressure. How often is that needed? Thanks y'all

independent keg pressure is nice if you're doing different styles that require different co2 volumes, a pilsner and an ale for example.

Hey, that's my setup, give it back!

Correct, no keg is hooked to both. I have one 2 body reg for CO2 and a one body reg for the beer gas. For my specific setup I find that I typically keep the dual body at different serving pressures, as much to do with my line balance as beer style.

Depending on your setup and expansion plans you might also want to consider a single body for CO2 plus secondary regulators. Advantages:
- Easily expand beyond 2 CO2 pressures in the future.
- If your CO2 tank is outside your fridge it reduces the number of gas lines and holes. Run one CO2 line (plus the beer gas) into the fridge, then split the CO2 inside the fridge.
- You can use a splitter short term and if you feel you need independent pressure replace it with secondaries later.

Hey, that's my setup, give it back!

Correct, no keg is hooked to both. I have one 2 body reg for CO2 and a one body reg for the beer gas. For my specific setup I find that I typically keep the dual body at different serving pressures, as much to do with my line balance as beer style.

Depending on your setup and expansion plans you might also want to consider a single body for CO2 plus secondary regulators. Advantages:
- Easily expand beyond 2 CO2 pressures in the future.
- If your CO2 tank is outside your fridge it reduces the number of gas lines and holes. Run one CO2 line (plus the beer gas) into the fridge, then split the CO2 inside the fridge.
- You can use a splitter short term and if you feel you need independent pressure replace it with secondaries later.

Awesome, sounds like a plan. How much trouble is it to find a place to fill up you Beer Gas container?

Back