A couple projects from this week...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtant

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I built my brew pot. All the hardware is from Bobby_M. I'll polish it at some point. I just want to get to full boils. AG is the eventual goal. I still need a CFC and a heat source, first.

I've also built a workbench and hung pegboards. My garage is now a bit more functional besides just a parking area. I had an opportunity to use a Kreg jig. It was awesome. I will definitely be picking one up at some point...

ForumRunner_20120119_081529.jpg

ForumRunner_20120119_082442.jpg

I like how you cut the top skirt off, with the exception of the handles. Different and looks cool. Now get that sight glass cut to length...

Yeah, the sight glass needs to be cut. The tab left at the top is the "US" from "BUSCH". I thought it was a nice touch.

I also need a heat shield for the sightglass. I'm going electric, but that might take a while. I might just save my money and go straight to electric, but I'm getting tired of partial boils...

I like how you cut the top skirt off, with the exception of the handles. Different and looks cool. Now get that sight glass cut to length...

If the sight glass gets cut down, he wont be able to support the top of the sight glass. There is a tab left from the keg top ring that is supporting the sight glass...

If the sight glass gets cut down, he wont be able to support the top of the sight glass. There is a tab left from the keg top ring that is supporting the sight glass...

Hugh? Not if he cuts the sight glass down 1/2" above the eyebolt, that supports the top of sight glass tube.

Back