A Cider Obssession

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadymi

Reaction score
I had to run into Walmart to grab a few items this morning. As I'm entering the store and pushing my cart past row where they have all of their "HOT" deals I see 100% apple juice, no sugar added, only preservative abscorbic acid, 64 oz jugs 2 for $3. WOW 3 bucks a gallon for apple juice. All of the recipes I have been wanting to try start floating through my head.

So I get 12 jugs loaded in my cart and discover that the back of the shelf has jugs still in cases of 8......better yet I think to myself......easier to handle in the case. So I offload the 12 jugs, have 2 cases in my cart and am digging out a 3rd from the shelf when it hits me.............I road my d$#@ motorcycle. Sonofab*$%#.........so I offload the cases and reload 2 jugs that I can squeeze in my saddle bags.

It's 25 miles to Walmart............hope I get back before the sale ends.

And the worst part.....main reason I went was to get bread yeast to make some more spent grain bread.............yup in all of the excitement I forgot it.

roadymi said:
Well.....I was also getting wheat gluten, whole wheat flour, sugar, a bottle of lemon concentrate, sunscreen, mosquito repellent......but the yeast was the inspiration for the trip.

Gotcha..... ill have to check my walmart for the sale.... what brand? Great value?

Yup......most likely imported directly from China.......oh well most everything is these days.

They also had 96 oz jugs for $2.68........havn't done the math tho.

Walmart had the two 1/2 gallons for 3 bucks out again today.....picked up another 12 gallons.....works great for the Caramel Apple Cider.

looks like I will be making a trip to wally world. i hate the store but some deals are just too god to pass up!

Lol, didnt look at the dates and thought you bought ~30 gallons in 2 days. I bet you are throwing off their projected sales so they might have that sale more often. Should leed to good times. Just went in today and saw no such sale :(

Back