809 vs 815

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wmatejka

Reaction score
Is there a real big difference in flow speed? With 10g batches, am i likely to notice the increased speed of the 815?

Thanks,
Wes

Thats going to depend on the restriction you have in your system....but if you had both pumps sitting side by side with little to no restriction on the outlet, then the 815 would be able to give you an extra 1gpm of flow and its capable of an extra 2.8psi

-Walter

All of my inlets/outlets are 1/2". Well, the camlock connections are actually 1/2" OD, so smaller ID. Thanks for the feedback Walter.

Any chance you can give me a recommendation on hose length?
I will have all three vessels sitting within 2-3 feet of each other for the next couple months.
After that, I am hoping to move to a Blichmann Top Tier Stand for a smaller footprint.

Since silicone hose is just over $2/foot, I would rather not make super long hoses.
Plus, I understand that I will; 1) lose gpm with longer hoses and 2) lose more of the liquid being transferred with longer hoses.

Is there a good average to go by? Is 6' per hose too long? Should I stick to 3-4'?

Just seeking some opinions.

Thanks,
Wes

Back