80 Liter Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SleepyCreekBrews

Reaction score
Hey Yall,
I recently bought one of these , and I thought I'd do a little review for other brewers .

Here's the link at Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KSVJ4E4/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

So, the fermenter is 80 liters and comes from Poland by an outfit called Domowybrowarek. It arrived in about 2 weeks via USPS Priority, which was pretty quick considering it sat in US customs in NY for 6 days. It came in a single box with the fermenter inside the the (upside-down) stand with the valves (packaged in a soft fabric bag) inside the vessel . No damage.

I took 1 look at the stand, and thought to myself "no way" . I don't feel you can make a stable stand to hold 150 pounds of wort with 3 legs and 3 round hoops.
I bolted it to a plywood dolly platform, removed the lower hoop and riveted 6 triangulating braces to the lower portion of the structure. I also lowered the mid hoop 4 inches to get the CG lower, and have it fit inside my fermenting enclosure.

The only thing I don't like about the vessel is the lid is hollow inside. If you load a really big batch into the fermenter and end up with a big krausen, it will flow inside the hollow lid and that will be a PITA to clean out. I doubt that will happen sticking with 15 gallon batches tho. There was a review on Amazon where the guys stripped the copper threaded inserts out of the vessel when trying to tighten the valves. I had no such trouble, but you definitely don't want to get aggressive with the pipe wrench when installing the valves.

Here it is in the brewery:
1E804B7A-6574-4FBB-918F-C0FA384F0DE8_zps9tht6j4a.jpg

Also, a word of advise, be careful when you get ready to dump some of the yeast after primary is finished, that 1" diameter ball valve can facilitate some high flow rates. :)

Hope this helps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back