6 gallon Torpedo kegs in mini fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nikkuchan

Reaction score
Hello. I was looking at info on pressure fermenting and serving from the same vessel via a floating dip tube. I originally was looking at the Fermzilla, but it's a space hog and would pretty much dominate the 4.4 cu ft fridge I plan to buy, so I decided to try kegs as I've seen that 2 cornies can fit. I then saw that morebeer is now selling 6g torpedo kegs, which would be perfect for fermenting 5g batches. I checking the dimensions, it's 27.25 inches tall, which is taller than a corny keg, but the mini fridge interior is 28.5, so it should be fine. My concern is the diameter. The 6g torpedo, like all the non-slim torpedos, is just over 9 inches, which seems iffy in a fridge with an 18" width, even if they won't be exactly side-by-side.

Does anyone know how non-slim torpedos fit in mini fridges? I'd like to know before I start investing the money in everything.

Back