• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wisconsin "6.5" gallon carboys for sale - $30

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WI_Wino

Reaction score
I have 5 - 6.5 gallon carboys for sale. Actual capacity as measured with a large measuring glass is 7.5 gallons. Used originally to store sulfuric acid, none have been used for wine or beer making (so far...). Each comes with a threaded cap, very handy for transport. They take a #7 stopper. And perhaps best of all, each comes with a 2 piece styrofoam case that fits snugly. Takes the guess work out of transport.

$30 each

I will not ship. I work in Madison and could meet somewhere after work. I live outside of New Glarus so not far from northern Illinois.

IMAG0501_zps6efbc43f.jpg

IMAG0502_zpsdf3cc28d.jpg

Note: I'm keeping the carboys shown in the following pictures but wanted to give some idea of what 5 and 6 gallons looks like:

5 gallons of actively fermenting beer
IMAG0552_zps75741849.jpg

6 gallons of wine:
IMAG0537_zpsb4480434.jpg

I hear you, I assume that's why they originally came in styrofoam carriers. Glass is scary to ship.

If you do though, I'm your guy. Would be interested in a few. I really like the look of these. What are the dimensions if you don't mind?

I hear you, I assume that's why they originally came in styrofoam carriers. Glass is scary to ship.

If you do though, I'm your guy. Would be interested in a few. I really like the look of these. What are the dimensions if you don't mind?

Carboy 12" x 20.5"
Styrofoam 17" x 25"

PM your zip. I doubt it's going to be cost effective though. Initially estimates through UPS are showing $60 to ship each one...

**** haha, I wonder how the suppliers get such a good deal. My first whole home brew kit with 2 carboys was like 15 dollars.

59102- If it is crazy than I'll pass I suppose but those containers are sweet looking.

Whats the dimensions on them about?

Trying to see it it will fit in my ferm chamber

I wanna know where did you get the Styrofoam Could be nice for stable fermentations

Latest posts

Back