55 Gallon Brew Kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YMS_1975

Through early morning fog I see....
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I've been doing a lot of homework on brew kettles and home brewing options.
I registered on this site maybe two years ago (maybe more) but most of my site activity was reading (and not posting). The one thing I kept reading over and over again (in numerous posts) was to buy a kettle that'll grow with your needs so I decided I'll be buying a 55 gallon Blichmann.

I've got it narrowed down to one of two Blichmann models, and I read a post on here (somewhere) disparaging the new G2 models. I haven't read anything positive about them yet, but you never know....opinions may change. :)

I'm looking at either :

1) http://homebrewsupplies.ca/product/498-blichmann-55-gallon-kettle/

2) http://homebrewsupplies.ca/product/3783-blichmann-g2-55-gallon-kettle/

Could somebody on this site please give me their opinions on these kettles?
As far as the size is concerned, I've made up my mind on this aspect of the buying decision. What I'm not 100% sure on, is of these two models which one is the smarter purchase?

Can you guys please PLEASE help a newb out? :D

The new valve on the Boilermakers looks cool. Not sure if its necessary (personally 2 pc full flow valves are super easy to clean fwiw). I do like the way it orients the outlet to 90deg so as to reduce hose kinking. Blichmann stuff seems very well thought out to me so <$20 increase for the newer version seems like a low risk proposition IMO. Their stuff seems to attract a fair amount of haters (not sure why) who can be amusing.

i would get waterheaters.

Bad pic. but thats the boil kettel. and we have one just like that... only with a heatexchanger and temp sensors that keep itb at a constant temperature

The setup can technically boil 140 liters of worth. and we get 90% efficiency

2014-06-04 17.41.34.jpg

Back