5 days past my wife's due date, baby coming any minute and here I am brewing.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrich007

Reaction score
Can't let my pipeline get low so I'm brewing a azacca , pearl malt smash. Finished my keezer yesterday now I need some more beer. I'm guessing I probably won't be able to brew for a little while with a newborn .

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1389557787.854192.jpg

Thanks. I'm sure they won't. But in a few years I'll have my little man helping me brew . And that's pretty awesome. Cheers

Awesome! My fist ever brew was on the day my wife went into labor with our first child.

Nice work, I brewed a batch on 12/20 and our son was born 12/21, so I was in the same boat. However, he was a week and a half early.

I can see it now:
Wife: "Honey, we need to go to the hospital. My water broke."
Husband: "I've got ten minutes left in the boil!"

Some conversations are just destined to end with the sound of a gunshot... :D

You ought to consider larger volume batches considering your brew days will be much less frequent

I'll def keep everyone posted on both. I am excited to try the beer , I have a smash on tap now that I used optic malt and riwaka hops , I've really been enjoying that one.

That's awesome. I was in the same boat a month ago.
Brewed twice since the birth as well, so all is not lost.
Congrats.

I've rediscovered the joys of extract brewing since my daughter came along. She usually takes three hour naps, so I can get a batch into the fermenter while she's down (assuming I do some sanitizing before hand).

Still do all-grain batches, but they take more planning and scheduling.

Congrats! Don't worry, you can still find time to brew after the little one gets here. Life adjusts and so does your time. I went from being a late night brewer to early am. I still get to brew once every 2-3 weeks and my son is almost 2.

I'm surprised they let your wife go the extra 5 days. I thought they would induce before she went that far. Good luck and congrats!

Back