4912 Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunder

Reaction score
Just finished tap tower assy.install noticed hose ends are standard keg style connections.My question is do i cut those off and buy corny discconects and clamp them to the line or buy an adaptor?

It would be cheaper to cut them off and hose clamp on the ball lock connections instead.
What length is the hose and can you upload a pic or two?

Just finished tap tower assy.install noticed hose ends are standard keg style connections.My question is do i cut those off and buy corny discconects and clamp them to the line or buy an adaptor?

I just cut them off. Worked pretty well. Cheap too.

why not cut that off and go straight to a corny dissconnect?
Are you talking about using a barbed disconnect? I like the threaded discount, that way you can remove it without cutting the line. You can swap a pinlock or sanke disconnect, or even add more line to the existing line.

Are you talking about using a barbed disconnect? I like the threaded discount, that way you can remove it without cutting the line. You can swap a pinlock or sanke disconnect, or even add more line to the existing line.

yes barbed disconnect see earlier post with pics.

No, no, no...use a barbed swivel nut with threaded keg connects...for the same reason Shay states...the connects can be removed and cleaned easily/or replaced if something fails, etc. (See post #3)!!!

:mug:

No, no, no...use a barbed swivel nut with threaded keg connects...for the same reason Shay states...the connects can be removed and cleaned easily/or replaced if something fails, etc. (See post #3)!!!

:mug:

what are you connecting to the corny keg with?
I see your photo in post #3

Yep...cut lines...add this...

http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/kegging/tubing/clamps-etc/1-4-barbed-swivel-nut.html

connect to these....

http://www.williamsbrewing.com/GAS_BALL_LOCK_FITTING_THREADED_P79C110.cfm

...now your keggin and can easily remove the connects from the lines...

Plus if you ever use a normal sanke tap, you can remove your ball locks and thread onto a sanke adaptor without having to cut lines all the time!!!!

:)

Thanks for the info changed my order and took your advise threaded is
the way to go!

Back