40 Days of Getting Bent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpsloan

Reaction score
I think I'll start a humanist tradition. It will be a kind of anti-Lent, in which every indulgence of the flesh is explored for 40 days, followed by the remainder of the year looking back and realizing why it is we don't indulge the flesh to excess.

I think I'll call it "Bent".

I'll even make a special Benten prayer, the 'Hail Me':

"Hail Me, full of beer, the Buzz is with me; blessed art I among men, and blessed is the fruit of my drinking, Urine. Holy ****, I'm so ****ed up, drink with me now and at the hour of my sobriety. Cheers!"

Wishing all of you a productive and mind-smashing Bent!

This may sound off-topic, but it really isn't.

See, I started watching "The Inbetweeners" on BBA America, it's this awesomely funny show about four teenage boys in high school, getting their first car, trying to get laid, getting drunk, etc. Awesomeness abounds.

And there's all kinds of new, British teenage vernacular that I've been unfamiliar with until now.

Anyway, if you want to talk about "being bent," there's nothing wrong with that (you certainly would be exploring some new fleshes). Me, I think I'll pass.

Interesting concept. SWMBO usually gives up meat for Lent, but isn't going to this year, due to a couple of social events that we have on the calender. Instead, she said that she was going to "try to do something good every day for 40 days." I wonder if something like this would qualify???? :drunk:

Anyway, if you want to talk about "being bent," there's nothing wrong with that (you certainly would be exploring some new fleshes). Me, I think I'll pass.

Thank you, Bird, I now feel dirty.

Nah, I mean "getting bent" purely in the "getting sideways" sense.

To "go on a bender" does means to go out and purposefully get as drunk as possible. But yeah, you don't want to get bent, unless you swing that way anyway.

Back