4 days in-- does this look right? pic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kramer

Reaction score
I dropped a thermometer in (sanitized).....when I pulled it back out, it was covered in thick almost cheese-like gunk. Normal?? Does this look pretty standard for a fermenting belgian ale?

Yea, I'm a new guy who's over-thinking (maybe) everything.

IMG00141.jpg

All that stuff will fall back into the beer and sink to the bottom, the beer will start to clear up and that's usually when it's okay to bottle or keg

I said it before and I'll say it again. I love newbie posts like these because it affords me the opportunity to see pictures of fermenting beer. And who doesn't love that!? :rockin:

It's looking good; welcome to the hobby. :mug:

I dropped a thermometer in (sanitized).....when I pulled it back out, it was covered in thick almost cheese-like gunk. Normal?? Does this look pretty standard for a fermenting belgian ale?

Yea, I'm a new guy who's over-thinking (maybe) everything.

Normal...Nope! Normal would be keeping the lid on that perfect fermentation!!!***giggle***

Is that not the most beautiful thing ever!!!

Well done.....Give it a bit of time and then bottle and ship me some!! :D

I said it before and I'll say it again. I love newbie posts like these because it affords me the opportunity to see pictures of fermenting beer. And who doesn't love that!? :rockin:

It's looking good; welcome to the hobby. :mug:

I'm a newbie and am afraid of opening the lid on the primary before 2 wks but was curious as to how it looks while the yeast is working their magic. I appreciate those other newbies who have no problem opening theirs up so I can take a peek as I'm too paranoid to do it myself! :D

Latest posts

Back