3 universal label options and in need of suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mythbustingpyro

Reaction score
I took a night a while back and drew up three potential labels to either be printed out or hand-etched on my bottles (mostly wine and a few swingtops currently). I am a huge Dune fan, and my name being Paul, I just couldn't resist. I am also planning on doing tied on neck tags for each different brew but that is still on the "someday" list.
Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

Also, what size template should I set up in photoshop for when I get around to fleshing out and coloring the logo.

Any suggestions and comments appreciated. Currently all I have done is scanned it in and did a little threshold modification in photoshop.

I personally would use illustrator when creating your logo so that its a vector image. However, if you never plan on scaling your logo up and/or down, then a raster image (the type of image photoshop produces - irregardless of file [.jpg/.png/etc.] format) will work. If you plan on using photoshop, I'd do a minimum of 800px x 800px so that you can shrink it as necessary. You just won't be able to expand.

As for your options, its hard to tell what they are because they're so large. lol

Wow, not sure why they are that huge, is there a scale option for attachments? If not I'll upload them to an external site that scales for me.

I have inventor as well, but never could get the hang of it too much. Maybe Ill try again.

*EDIT* Illustrator not inventor, got CAD on the brain

My vote is #2...I don't like that worm looking thing. It makes me think the drink is unsanitary. Ha

Did some work while my son was napping yesterday, got alright at using illustrator too. Went ahead and fleshed out option 2 and 3 a little and did two simple necktags for my two current brews. What do yall think?

Back