3 Tier Brew Frame

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfieBrew

Reaction score
I am taking my frame to have it powder coated tomorrow morning and would like to receive some feedback or recommendations regarding any last minute additions/modifications. I fabricated and welded the frame at home and can make last minute changes before it is painted. The design is based on the Sabco Brew Magic System. The top tier is removable so I can brew gravity batches until I gather all of the parts necessary to convert to a pump system. I appreciate any comments or suggestions.

Cheers, :mug:
Chris

P1010561.jpg

P1010550.jpg

P1010551.jpg

A welder, a beer, and your dog...life is good today.

Wind shields for the burners? Cover for pump? Fully weld the plates to the tube (i'm just anal though and would weld it and grind it flush so that's just an aesthetics though)?

Brew%20Magic%201.jpg

Does anyone know if the (4) tabs that the brew kettle sit on necessary or can it just sit flat on the surface?

It can just sit flat but the tabs (inner or outer) make it more secure, and centered. Powderocating is typically baked on at around 400˚ and your burner temps will probably scorch the PC, unless it's a high temp rated PC. If it were me I'd consider using the stand a bit before finishing it, as you will likely want to add or adjust things.

Looks great so far! I think I would figure out how you're going to mount the burners, wind screens, gas distribution & anything else and drill those holes (or weld on tabs w/holes) before the PC. Find out from your powder coater how much oversize to make any holes to allow for the coating thickness so you don't chip anything out with mounting hardware.

I'm a big fan of slotted electrical strut welded in key places for mounting things because it gives you the option for easy changes /adds later. Two lightweight angles welded in parallel to form a continuous slot allows for easy bolt-on additions also....

Cheers!

Back