3 L Bottle!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
Stone Brewing has 3 liter bottles of Double Bastard and Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I saw one at Bevmo the other day. At first sight I thought "That's awesome!" Then I thought, at 10% ABV, the double bastard is one serious hangover :drunk: But wouldn't it make for a great bottle for homebrew? It's got a big flip top grolsch style top with a rubber gasket. Check it out at www.arrogantbastard.com/doublebastard/index.html

We have a couple of the 3L Stone's Arrogant Bastard bottles too. Still waiting for a chance to go to CA and get them filled for free.

Wild

Howdy, I am fortunate enough to have just landed one of those Oaked Arrogant Bastard 3 liters from the Belmont Station in Portland.

Can't wait to crack that bad boy!

But..... I also came accross 2 Brand New 3 liter bottles at my local homebrew store also (F.H. Steinbart's, Portland).

The bottles were pretty expensive at $23.50 each, but I had an IPA ready to bottle and figured, hey, it's the holidaze, time to party.

It made my bottling process WAY easier. I plan on busting those open on Christmas. A nice little Christmas present for the brewer....

Cheers!

Three liters? Pretty hefty - I need to look for these. And everyone, please repeat after me:

"But honey, I only had 2 beers, I swear!"

chicagobluesman said:
Howdy, I am fortunate enough to have just landed one of those Oaked Arrogant Bastard 3 liters from the Belmont Station in Portland.

Can't wait to crack that bad boy!

But..... I also came accross 2 Brand New 3 liter bottles at my local homebrew store also (F.H. Steinbart's, Portland).

The bottles were pretty expensive at $23.50 each, but I had an IPA ready to bottle and figured, hey, it's the holidaze, time to party.

It made my bottling process WAY easier. I plan on busting those open on Christmas. A nice little Christmas present for the brewer....

Cheers!

Hey if you haven't cracked that bad boy open yet, i'd be happy to help ya drink it. I'll even pay you for the share I drink. I am tempted to buy one of those everytime I go to Belmont Station.

I was dumb and bought one of each, I love the stone brews. Killed the Oaked Bastard about 2 weeks after purchase, it was like a smoother, kind of sweet Arrogant Bastard. I may very well crack the Double Bastard tomorrow for New Years, we'll see how it goes.

Thanks for the link Brewsmith, I found a store near my work that carries 3L's of each! Oh yeah!

brewsmith said:
Stone Brewing has 3 liter bottles of Double Bastard and Oaked Arrogant Bastard. I saw one at Bevmo the other day. At first sight I thought "That's awesome!" Then I thought, at 10% ABV, the double bastard is one serious hangover :drunk: But wouldn't it make for a great bottle for homebrew? It's got a big flip top grolsch style top with a rubber gasket. Check it out at www.arrogantbastard.com/doublebastard/index.html

That would make an excellent bottle for homebrew. Just replace the gasket once every 25 batches. They get compressed and lose there seal. I use them and there great.

Back