3 in the tub

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoctorCAD

Reaction score
I now have 3 wines in the tub.

Large pail - WE Vintners Reserve Riesling, 2 days old
Small pail - Hand-picked Greenwood, SC blackberry, today
1 Gallon carboy - Whole Foods organic blackberry, bottling next weekend

I have a peach chardonny kit waiting for another pail, and a bigger tub!

Summersolstice:

I made about 15 gal of straight blackberry wine last year. It was a medium body wine. This year will make a light body blackgberry wine. Have bought four 46 oz cans of Alexander's Barbera and plan to mix it with the upcoming blackberry wine. Any sugestions on the ratio of the mix. Was thinking half and half. Also last year used a dry wine yeast. This year will be using KIV-116.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way

Summersolstice:

I made about 15 gal of straight blackberry wine last year. It was a medium body wine. This year will make a light body blackgberry wine. Have bought four 46 oz cans of Alexander's Barbera and plan to mix it with the upcoming blackberry wine. Any sugestions on the ratio of the mix. Was thinking half and half. Also last year used a dry wine yeast. This year will be using KIV-116.

Thanks in advance for any help you can throw my way

I'm at work and I don't have access to my logs but it seems that I used about 12 lbs of blackberries in a five gallon batch and 2 cans of Alexanders plus sugar to get it up to about 1.090. I added a little acid blend, pectic enzyme and tannin and then oak in the secondary (and likely bulk aged with oak as well) and fermented it dry. I'm pretty sure I've used K1V 1116 in a few batches of this before. Good luck - it should be a very nice wine!

Back