3 Gallon Keglove

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRT888

Reaction score
Does anybody who owns (or has even seen) one of these have any insight on whether or not I could get a 3 gallon size Keglove and use it on both a 3 gallon keg and a 5 gallon keg? I'm thinking it would fit at least the bottom half of the 5 gallon keg and thus cool the bottom where the diptube draws from. Any reason this wouldn't work?
I'd rather not buy both sizes but i'm thinking i might want to switch between what size keg I bring somewhere

I have a 3 gallon keglove and love it. It will fit around a 5 gallon keg. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, it just won't keep the beer as cold as it would the 3 gallon keg.

Depending on what you are planning to use for dispensing beer on your picnic setup, have you considered buying a 5 gallon Keglove and using it on your 3 gallon keg?

I find the 5 gallon Keglove on a 5 gallon keg barely adequate, so I'd hate to be further handy capped with an undersized one. That being said, I'm not sure I could use my setup (https://morebeer.com/view_product/18311//Mini_CO2_Regulator_Kit and https://morebeer.com/view_product/5582/beerwinecoffee/Faucet_Quick_Disconnect_Assembly) on a 3 gallon keg with a 5 gallon Keglove due to the extra height of the Keglove. Maybe I could roll it down and be OK, but I've never tried.

I was planning on the same type of setup with a tap on the quick disconnect.
By the way- do you get decent pours with that? I assume the protocol is to vent and then dispense at very low psi?

Hadn't considered trying to use the 5 gallon size on the 3 gallon keg- not sure how forgiving the neoprene would be if I mashed/rolled it down. Hmmm... and good to know about the 3 gallon maybe being less sufficient.

In a tough spot because I have a weakness for aesthetics so don't want it to look crummy, but buying 2 kegloves right now (in addition to the 3 gallon corny and paintball CO2 regulator that I am about to buy) is pretty out of the question

good call, so I'd have to at least buy a 3 gallon sized ice sheet as well (which is way overpriced for being water in plastic). Regardless, that probably doesn't seem like a great idea

I was planning on the same type of setup with a tap on the quick disconnect.
By the way- do you get decent pours with that? I assume the protocol is to vent and then dispense at very low psi?

Yes, I chill and force carb in my kegerator. Then on serving, I depressurize and dispense at a low PSI (I can't remember what PSI, been a year or so since I've used it.) But, slow and low is the game with that faucet setup. Works just fine for me.

I hear that, do what you gotta do. Maybe pick up the CO2 regulator first, and make do with a stylish bucket of good old fashioned ice and water? This method works best anyway for any extended serving times.

I don't think you'll be able to roll it down with the inner ice pack.

Well, you can always fold the ice pack since it's sectioned and foldable. But, the 5 gallon Keglove is tough enough to get on a 5 gallon keg that with the ice pack doubled up it could be near impossible. You're probably right. I haven't tried, and don't have a 3 gallon keg to play with. . .so all speculation at this point.

Back