3 gallon corny tanks with Sanke tops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normzone

Reaction score
I may be trying to reinvent the wheel here, so I thought I'd ask your advice.

I've got a few cornelius kegs, two 3-gallons and a fiver. I'm not impressed - they do not seal consistently and I don't like the fittings arrangement as much as I do my Sanke keg setup.

I was hoping to start making some 3 gallon keg batches. I was looking to see if there's a source of 3 gallon kegs with Sanke tops, but they all appear to be at least 5 gallons.

Has anybody ever cut the top off a 3 gallon corny and mounted a Sanke top and tube to it?

If you've a better idea, I'd appreciate your input. Thanks -

Maybe take the 5 gal ones (with sanke already installed) to a local welding shop, and have them cut a few inches out of the middle and weld them back together? One of the guys on some other thread was recently talking about this (i.e. making a keg smaller), but I don't know if he followed through or not.

Then you could sell your 3 gal kegs to me! :mug:

Cornies should seal consistently, but the thing is they need a bit of pressure. Hit them with 5psi and they'll seal up just fine.

I have seen 10 and 15 litre sankes, they use them overseas. I haven't seen any in the USA.

Back