2nd time in a row

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dillonks1

Reaction score
I get all into what I'm doing and forget to add the priming solution before I siphon into the bottling bucket.

:mad:

When I did that to my last batch, I stirred a few minutes and I still had some bottles with no carbonation!

If they are randomly scattered in the batch, then it's probably a problem with your capper.

I didn't even think of that thanks! That could be it, along with my fiancee and her tiny arms trying to cap some.

Now I'm scared my last batch is going to be ruined too, what is a good test for this fill one up with water cap it and hang it upside down for awhile?

Or use a carbonation drop/correct amount of priming sugar and prime a few bottles individually. If one or a few are flat but the others are fine you should be able to tell if it is a capping issue since you are using the same amounts of sugar in each.

No need to panic, just add the sugar back to the bottling bucket and give it a gentle stir. It will still mix just fine before you bottle.

Back