2nd Homebrew in the books!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewer_sam

Reaction score
Just finished bottling NB's Bavarian Hefeweizen kit. This place is always able to answer my questions so just wanted to say thanks again! Now to hurry up and wait a few weeks until enjoyment of said beer. Cheers

Congrats! My first brew is still in primary and my second kit is on the way. I can see this being an expensive and highly rewarding/enjoyable hobby.

While you are waiting for those two weeks you mentioned you should just get another carboy and another kit. You'll do it eventually, trust me, you might as well do it now.

cmybeer said:
While you are waiting for those two weeks you mentioned you should just get another carboy and another kit. You'll do it eventually, trust me, you might as well do it now.

+1

Congrats on the addiction, I mean hobby :)

I have 2-4 batches going at any given time now.

Totally jealous. Waiting for my carboy and wort chiller to get here. Have everything else. Was planning to do an Irish red ale kit, using the carboy for secondary fermentation.
Cheere

lol, I had to do that too, grabbed another Ale pail so I could keep the pipeline going strong :D. I started off with the same NB Bavarian Hefe kit and am going to replicate it on my own (since it's nothing but WHEAT ME and hops)

Yeah another ale pail is probably in my future. Going to build a stir plate so I can have some fun with those 1.050+ beers. Grats to everyone else that has their beers fermenting too.

And I have my eyes on maybe trying a Pumpkin beer for Halloween/October as my next batch since it's nearing that time of year.

Good thinking on the stir plate. I made on myself and am not very handy so they are pretty simple. After that carboy get some stuff for your yeast starters so you can make beer properly with enough yeast. When I started I did not do any online research or use any forums and made some really, really mediocre (and that is being generous) beers without enough yeast or temp controls.

After learning proper sanitation practices I think that general yeast care and preparation should be the main focus of a beginning brewer who is seeking a great finished product but this step is often overlooked.

Latest posts

Back