2nd Annual U.P. Fall Beer Festival

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lschiavo

This space for rent.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I will be there! Any other HBT'ers? It would be fun to meet up!

2nd Annual U.P. Fall Beer Festival (formerly U.P. Oktoberfest)
Presented by the Michigan Brewers Guild
Saturday, September 11th, 2010 from 1:00pm-6:00pm
Mattson Lower Harbor Park, Marquette

You have to scroll down to "Proceed to Link Destination" to get to the link.

http://www.michiganbrewersguild.org/festinfo.asp

I'd love to go and I'd like to see you again and drink a bunch, but it ain't gonna happen this weekend. You are invited to the MI Predators Brewday next weekend though. ;)

I'd love to go and I'd like to see you again and drink a bunch, but it ain't gonna happen this weekend. You are invited to the MI Predators Brewday next weekend though. ;)

Yeah, I was reading your thread on your brewday. It sounds like a blast. Thanks for the invite. I would be there if at all possible but I think the kids will severly limit our travels at least for the next few years though.

Anyone out there planning to attend? I was hoping I wouldn't be the only cool guy!:D

Yeah, I was reading your thread on your brewday. It sounds like a blast. Thanks for the invite. I would be there if at all possible but I think the kids will severly limit our travels at least for the next few years though.

Anyone out there planning to attend? I was hoping I wouldn't be the only cool guy!:D

I think whatsleftofyou mentioned the TCF club and a crew from Escanaba were taking a bus together. So, he'll be there for sure. I'm not sure if anybody else I know from Esky or the TCF are going.

I think whatsleftofyou mentioned the TCF club and a crew from Escanaba were taking a bus together. So, he'll be there for sure. I'm not sure if anybody else I know from Esky or the TCF are going.

Thats good to hear. I spoke with Edward last night and he wont be going. Hopefully I can meet up with some of them.

As an MTU grad, I spent quite a bit of time in the U.P., so I would love to go. Alas, I have no vacation days left :(

I was actually up in Houghton two weeks ago for a little U.P. excursion with my SWMBO-in-training. Spent a few days there, and a few days in the Porcupine Mountains. Would have planned it around the beer festival, but we had to go between her law school semesters. Perhaps next year.

By the way, the Keweenaw Brewing Company in Houghton has a pretty neat tap room. It has a nice lodge feel to it, and a good outside deck area to boot. No view of the lift bridge (they painted a mural of it to compensate :rockin:), but great view of the portage. Beer was decent as well, their Lift Bridge Brown is one of my favorites.

By the way, the Keweenaw Brewing Company in Houghton has a pretty neat tap room. It has a nice lodge feel to it, and a good outside deck area to boot. No view of the lift bridge (they painted a mural of it to compensate :rockin:), but great view of the portage. Beer was decent as well, their Lift Bridge Brown is one of my favorites.

Love going to this place. Awesome room to socialize and has lots of windows. Love spending a nice winter day/night in there.

None of thier beer really made me go crazy, but the fact that it was cheap ($2 pints) and they canned gives them high marks in my book.

Love going to this place. Awesome room to socialize and has lots of windows. Love spending a nice winter day/night in there.

None of thier beer really made me go crazy, but the fact that it was cheap ($2 pints) and they canned gives them high marks in my book.

I think I'm the only one in the UP who thinks this, but I think their beers suck. A "funny" flavor, and everyone I've had besides the Pickaxe blonde are too sweet, and seem underattenuated. Last night, the rest of the group were drinking a pitcher of the Pickaxe, and I couldn't even choke down a glass. I know that most people love them, though!

The Vierling in Marquette has the best beer in the UP. I love the beer, the variety, the atmosphere, the food, etc. That's definitely my favorite place to have a beer!

The Vierling in Marquette has the best beer in the UP. I love the beer, the variety, the atmosphere, the food, etc. That's definitely my favorite place to have a beer!

Outside of being a brewery in Marquette and a great place to socialize was never really a big fan of their beer either. Obviously the blueberry wheat beer is a fun beer to drink but nothing too amazing.

What I do love in Marquette is L'attitudes (Shorts on tap!) and the Landmark...great rooms.

(sorry for making this thread a bit off topic OP)

btw, NMU '08 here. 6 year plan. :ban:

Back